Thursday, August 2, 2007

Black Bean Salsa


I absolutely LOVE black beans. I was recently served a Black Bean salsa at a friends house and have been looking for a recipe to recreate it. I hear that Publix has a ready made BB salsa, but I prefer to make my own. Here is a recipe I found and made last night. The result is pure salsa-ey goodness.


3 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 11 ounce can of Mexicorn, drained
2 10 ounce cans Rotel, partially drained
2 tomatoes, diced
2 bunches green onion, chopped
Cilantro leaves for garnish (The SH and I HATE cilantro so I omitted it)

Mix everything together in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight before serving. I took it out of the fridge every few hours to stir and remix the ingredients.
I forgot to mention, this makes a LOT of salsa. The container I put it in is 13 cups.

You know you want some. ta-ta-ta-tastey-tastey.

1 comment:

HelloKnitty said...

This sounds so tasty, I will have to try it.