Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Last day

Today is the big day. The last day at my job. I have already cleaned off my desk and taken the last plant down to the truck. As I was leaving last night, my supervisor's supervisor stopped me and invited me to lunch with her today. Kinda scary! I have no idea what we will talk about since I usually do best in a crowd. Oh well. I can do it. I keep in the back of my mind a glimmer of hope that she will be extending my position another few months, but I am not holding my breath. I don't want to have a big hoopla surrounding my leaving today either. I hope I can slowly and quietly slip out the door. I hate goodbyes. I just hope a new job rolls my way soon. I don't know how long I will be able to stand it at my old job. I would rather stick forks in my eyes than deal with college students again.

Heres to one more day at the office!!! :)

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and I read back a bit and saw what you wrote about getting a stash of free samples and then using them up. I totally do that, only I don't use them, I just collect them in a box.

Good luck with your employment endeavors.

Mother of Purl said...

Gawd, it was crappy without you at work today. Stacye even said so. Jess misses you too. (wipes a tear)