Friday, June 15, 2007

Slime'd

It has been many years since I had a puppy around the house so I don't know if this is par for the course or simply a labrador retriever trait, but I just noticed last night that Disco touches EVERYTHING with her nose. She walked by me last night and as she did, she nosed my hand, my laptop, my leg, my laptop again, my other leg, and finally the table. Everything in her wake had been slimed. I always find myself wiping my hands/arms/legs because somehow they end up covered in Disco goo.
The fine art of licking one's chops after eating or drinking has yet to be mastered, so there is always a paper towel nearby to catch those Puppy Chow chunks and waterbowl drool before she slimes one of us.
Licking people is one of her favorite pastimes. The bend behind a knee, the notch in a bent arm and eyelids are her favorite places. Yep, I said eyelids. If you lay down in the floor with her, she will be in your face in a flash.
So consider yourself warned, if you come into contact with our little girl, there is a good chance you will come out of it looking like you just got off a waterpark ride. That's my girl.

1 comment:

Mother of Purl said...

Maybe she got that oral fixation from her Daddy...