Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Jimmy is on its last legs....

So as you may or may not know if you read my "100 things", my truck is a LEMON. Yesterday afternoon was yet another flash of that fact ringing true. It died on me TWICE on my 48 mile commute home. The first time I was able to steer safely to the side of the road. I managed to get it cranked and made it another 5 miles when it died again. Only this time, I lost all steering AND brakes. I came within 2 inches of a deep culvert. I kind of wish it did make it into the culvert. Maybe it would have been totaled and I could get $5.00 for it. I really love the truck and it looks great because I have taken excellent care of it while I have been its owner. It just runs like shit. The SupaHubby took it to the shop this morning, the 4th trip in less than 2 months, to see how much more cashola we can blow out of our asses to get it repaired. SupaHubby did mention getting me a newer car instead of spending money on constant repairs, but I really don't think we can afford it. Of course I want a newer convertible of the Volvo variety, but that would mos def be out of our price range. I refuse to drive an Echo, Geo, or any of the "roller skate" cars out there right now. I have decided that I will never ever again own another GM product. THEY SUCK!!!! I am all for being patriotic and buying US made vehicles, but it isn't gonna happen. I refuse to spend my hard earned money on an unreliable, poorly designed vehicle. I don't like Fords and have owned 2 Chryslers with similar results. They were all crap. I am considering a plain old ambiguous sedan (when did I turn into a mom?). I want something safe that gets good gas mileage and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to repair. Any suggestions people? I would love another SUV but don't want to spend all my extra money filling up the tank!!

No comments: