Sunday, September 9, 2007

Toe-lio

I don't think the toe is broken but I have one hell of a bruise. My old boss would say I have Toelio. :)

After the swelling went down a bit, the bruise started forming. I was then able to move things around a little and could tell where the initial injury was. The boo-boo is on the inside of the pinkie toe where it joins the foot. The skin isn't broken, I think somehow I pulled the toe away from the rest of the foot by getting it stuck in the wheel mechanism of the shopping cart. The bruise runs down the medial side of the toe and extends about 3 inches into the anterior side of the foot. (Nice use of medical jargon huh?) It looks like a puddle of purple on the top of my foot. It seems to get more purple every hour and I imagine it will molt into a lovely shade of greenish yellow, reminiscent of my lipo bruises. I have been doing my best to stay off it and keep it iced, but with weekend chores it has been difficult. I am going to see if there is something I can do tomorrow at work that will allow me to sit. Visual field tests maybe...... Walking hurts and I waddle when I do. That sucks. I really hate this happened within my first week of work!! I would show yall a picture but I don't want to scare you off. I don't mind my feet, I just hate the pinkie toenail. Sometimes I wish we didn't even have a nail on that toe because it is always misshapen and wierd looking. I have NEVER seen a pinkie toenail that was pretty.

No comments: