Saturday, September 8, 2007

The new job

I have been completely overwhelmed with oculary learning this week. It has been AGES since I dealt with eyes and eye related stuff. Even then it wasn't nearly as in depth as now because I worked with an Optometerist instead of an Opthamologist. I have been given a stack of handouts to read/study/learn. I will eventually take written tests on this information, in the event I want to get certified. I have taken pages and pages of notes and just this morning retyped them into a somewhat legible document. I have even gone so far as to get definitions for all the bolded words in my study guides. Retyping my notes has helped me become more familiar with the info too. As far as dealing with patients goes, I have been given the ok to start taking basic histories (Hx), acuities (VA) and such. We were in training all day yesterday and I really think my brain stopped working at about 3 o'clock. Too much information for one day!!!! I really hope that I learn as quickly as they want me to, and learn how to follow their procedures correctly. The staff is very friendly and almost all the girls on the floor with me are nice and easy to get along with.

Another good thing happened last week....SH got a call back from a job he applied for. He has an interview next thursday. I really hope he gets the job!!!!!!

No comments: