Monday, December 31, 2007

A typical holiday happening

Last night SH and I were in bed and I got up several times throughout the night to turn off the heat. I never really noticed that it wasn't actually turning off each time. This morning when I got up, I realized it was STIFLING in the house. I went yet again to turn off the heat. It wouldn't turn off. It was about 80 degrees in the house. SH got out the toolbox and did what he could to figure out the problem. Finally he just turned off the circut breaker. Whew...a little relief. I had to turn on all the ceiling fans to get the temperature somewhat comfortable. Everything SH tried didn't work so it was time to call in the repairman. He is currently working in the laundry room trying to get our problem fixed. I only hope it isn't too expensive. Why is it that on almost every big holiday, something major breaks at our house? Not just a blown bulb or a toilet that doesn't stop running. It is always something BIG. I know we have had similar problems with the heater/AC unit and I only hope it has a few years of life left in it. Fingers crossed!!! LOL, Before the repairman arrived, I scrambled around (in usual Cla fashion) cleaning and straightening up. SH even joined in.

No comments: