Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ho Hum

After a long month of battling with the Unemployment people, my claim to collect unemployment was denied. I was so very angry and upset about it. I don't want to dwell on it, it makes me even angrier. I don't have enough bad words in my vocabulary to say exactly how I feel about the staff at Montgomery Eye Physicians. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone seeking ophthalmic/optometric help. I feel they are more worried about the almighty dollar than their staff or patients. Rant over. :)
I had a second interview for a job here in town, but they found someone better suited. I am not mad, if they thought someone else was a better match, no problem.
On a brighter note, I finished our taxes and we will be getting a nice refund. YAY!!! Bills can get paid off!!! I have also started a new crochet project. A friend's son was gifted with a baby blanket from me when he was born and he is now getting a Big Boy Blanket that he will be able to grow into. I was told that the original blanket is his Woobie. I was so very excited to hear that. The father says the blanket goes EVERYWHERE the baby does. For the new blanket, SH picked out the colors, Crimson and White for a favorite football team. The baby's mom won't like it since she is a fan of other team colors. Oh well.

Here is a recipe I found a few months ago and we absolutely LOVE IT.
Veggie Pizza
Y.U.M.

1 (8 oz.) & 1 (4 oz.) crescent rolls

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature

1 c. mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1 tsp. dill weed

Mix cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder and dill weed until thoroughly combined. Press rolls in an 11 x 13 inch cookie sheet to form one large crust and bake until done or golden brown. Cool thoroughly. Top with cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Top with diced veggies, pressed on cheese. I used finely chopped cauliflower, broccoli, green peppers, roasted corn and carrots. Use whatever veggies you like. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

1 comment:

Mother of Purl said...

F*ck! F*ck! That makes me want to turn green and grow muscles and throw a car at them. Every time I ride by there from now on I will shoot them the bird and swear loudly out the window. Those *ssholes!!!! Guess you'll have to start hookin' it, and I don't mean selling your crochet...:)