Saturday, October 27, 2007

I QUIT

I decided earlier in the week that I would quit my job on Friday. I realized that with an "end in sight", work was much easier. I wrote a letter of resignation Wednesday afternoon. I decided (with a little help from Mother of Purl) to go ahead and just finish out Friday and leave the letter and all my stuff on the Supervisor's desk after I clocked out. I knew that if I told her Friday morning, one of two things would happen. Either they would be rude and mean to me all day, or she would try to talk me out of leaving. I am not very good with confrontation like that and I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with a conversation like that. Luckily we were slammed yesterday afternoon, so when I clocked out, the supervisor was still in the main office. I didn't have to deal with her. I hated that I had to leave my new work buddy, but she understood my decision. She is really in the same boat I was in except she had an even longer commute! We exchanged email addresses and I hope to keep in touch with her. It certainly feels good to be away from that place now. I feel so free!!!
BUT, I am jobless again. I applied for a job here in town Wednesday and am going to keep my eyes peeled. I don't expect to find anything right away, but I hate being the unemployed member of the household. We are just gonna have to tighten our belts for a little bit.

The charity blanket should move along quicker now. I started another strip this afternoon and have made quite a bit of progress on it. I keep forgetting to take pictures!!! Must do tomorrow.

No comments: